Our Week 104 update is here. This week we’re adding Seed Pouches, a Tier 1 item that will store your seeds gathered while out exploring.
We’ve also got an update on Batteries and next week’s update. You’ll also have probably noticed this update is a day early, which is intentional and will make sense tomorrow, so keep an eye out for some news.
Jump in and have a read.
- Permit sprint cancels reload on magazine and round fed weapons, if enabled in the control settings
- In the Kill List operation, creatures now also spawn outside of mission area
- Added the building tier to building piece tooltips
- Added a ‚Z‘ collision offset so you can more freely place rugs on top of floors with beams beneath them
This week: Seed Pouches
This week we’re adding the Seed Pouch, a new Tier 1 item crafted on your character and acts as a storage system from within your inventory for any seeds you collect.
This requires 20 fiber and 10 leather and will store 6 different seeds in stacks of up to 400. Any seeds you collect will automatically be stored in the Seed Pouch if it has room – rather than in your inventory.
Effectively, this should free up 5 inventory slots while you harvest wild plants or farming.
You can use the context menu from within your inventory to access the seed pouch, similar to how you break fish into chunks.
Coming Soon: Batteries
We’ve been busy testing out the new batteries system over the past week. Our internal feedback is that the interaction and flow of the changes feels a lot better with the tweaks we’ve made over the last couple of weeks.
We are looking to do some open testing in the next few weeks, so if you’d be interested in participating, come join the experimental branch channel in our Discord to get all the details.
Next Week: UI QoL Improvements
Next week we’re bringing some QoL improvements to the in-game UI, and some other content that we’ll keep a secret until then.
A lot of the improvements have come from suggestions and feedback in our Feature Upvote page, so make sure you keep using this when you want to communicate with the team.
If you like what we’re doing with Icarus, and want to support our continued development, consider purchasing one of our DLCs for a few dollars, it would mean a lot to us.
- Unlocking Seed Pouch Talent Recipe and upping seed stack count to 200 -> 400
- Updated shadow geo for Prometheus
- Update new player welcome messagee
- Permit sprint cancels reload on magazine and round feed weapons, if enabled under control settings
- Adding venom sac data for correct sounds to play
- Small volume adjustment for venom sac pick up
- Make sprint cancel reload respect Settings > Controls option
- Added a ‚z‘ collision offset so you can more freely place rugs ontop of floor with beams beneath them
- Drill UMG now takes into account the drill speed
- Update description for Settings > Controls > sprint cancel reload
- Replaced the tuskers physics asset with the buffalos to prevent tusker mesh folding in on itself on death
- Added building tier to buildable tooltips
- Fixed spacing on set tooltips due to hidden building tier text
- Increased resistances and insulation on brick building tiers, this helps avoiding confusion why these tiers are worse than stone
- Removed forced upper case on building tier tooltip on item sets
- Linked translatable text for Operations button in C0NT4CT device
- Fixed typo in Bestiary Weakness Unlock notification
- Fixed Bestiary biome for Wooly Zebra
- Fixed Komodo reference in Ashen Drake bestiary lore
- Added translatable text for fuel UI
- Updated refresh rate for fuel UI to prevent numbers jumping by 2
- KILL LIST: Fixed creatures not spawning outside of mission area
- Submitting Mini Hippo carcass and textures
- Resubmitting carcass mask map due to texture group mistake
- Decal Pass, Fixed Macro Cliff Blocking Cave and Cliff Pass, Ashlands, Prometheus
- General Polish Pass/bug fixes, Ice Sheet Yellow Quad on Prometheus
- Field Guide Add some more logging to help categorize items (internal dev)
- Field Guide Add a black list category
- Setup for manual caves and Cliff pass, Ashlands, Prometheus
- Submitting Mini Hippo 1st variation carcass and textures
- Small adjustment to scorpion crossbow based on updated animations
- Fix Action DT validation
- Updated Cave Volume, landscape sculpting and General Polish Pass for cave network, Ice Sheet Yellow Quad on Prometheus
- Field Guide prevent back button initial action
- Added DEP_WaterPurifier_T2
- Added DEP_Trophy_IceMammoth, DEP_Trophy_IceMammoth_Chandelier, DEP_Trophy_IceMammoth_LightStand
- Field Guide show output counts in recipe outputs
- Set dressing Cave, added cave volume, void and General Polish Pass for cave network, Ice Sheet Yellow Quad on Prometheus
- Adding first pass setup and sounds for scorpion rifle fire and last shot fire sounds etc and data table entry
- Ground Cliff Pass, Landscape Sculpting Pass and Added a Deep Ore Deposit, Ashlands, Prometheus
- Submitting Mini Hippo second variation carcass and textures
- Adding internal / external sounds for scorpion gun. Replacing gun layers with separated layers
- Improve turret prototype
- Fixed item popup building tier showing on all items (dev only)
- Adding item icons for the biomass items, black wolf fur and venom sack items
- Adding meshes for the biomass items
- Added BLD_Floor_Diagonal_Stone, APEX DM still needs to be done
- Added BLD_Wall_Diagonal_Solid_Stone, APEX DM still needs to be done